1. Please note that effective with the 2011 volume, Hydrological Processes will be published in an online-only format. 该期刊只发表电子版，从2011年之后。
2. When you submit your paper, you will be asked to enter the names of three preferred referees. Please note that these should not be co-authors, friends or colleagues. 该期刊要求你提供3名审稿人，不能说你的文章合作者，朋友或者同事。
3. The journal to which you are submitting your manuscript employs a plagiarism detection system. Prior to acceptance manuscripts are also checked to prevent simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to multiple journals. By submitting your manuscript to this journal you accept that your manuscript may be screened for plagiarism against previously published works. 系统具体查重功能，防止剽窃。
1. The language of the journal is English. 12-point type in one of the standard fonts: Times, Helvetica, or Courier is preferred. It is not necessary to double-line space your manuscript. Tables must be on separate pages after the reference list, and not be incorporated into the main text. Figures should be uploaded as separate figure files. 字体：Times, Helvetica, or Courier ；字号：12，表放在参考文献后面；图用单独的文件上传。
` 2. During the submission process you must enter the full title, short title of up to 70 characters and names and affiliations of all authors. Give the full address, including email, telephone and fax, of the author who is to check the proofs; Include the name(s) of any sponsor(s) of the research contained in the paper, along with grant number(s); Supply an abstract of up to 250 words for full-length articles and 80 words for a short note (book reviews do not require an abstract). An abstract is a concise summary of the whole paper, not just the conclusions, and is understandable without reference to the rest of the paper. It should contain no citation to other published work; Include up to six keywords that describe your paper for indexing purposes.Papers should not normally exceed 7500 words. Manuscripts over this limit will be returned to the authors without editorial or external review. The following sections are included as part of the word count: abstract; main text; and acknowledgements. The following sections are excluded: title page, including author list and affiliations; bibliography; figure legends; any words that form part of a table or figure; and supporting information. 摘要不能超过250字，文章正文部分（不包括参考文献，图标等）不应超过7500。关键字不超过7个。
3. Reference style . References should be quoted in the text as name and year within brackets and listed at the end of the paper alphabetically. Where reference is made to more than one work by the same author published in the same year, identify each citation in the text as follows: (Collins, 1998a), (Collins, 1998b). Where three or more authors are listed in the reference list, please cite in the text as (Collins et al ., 1998).All references must be complete and accurate. Where possible the DOI for the reference should be included at the end of the reference. Online citations should include date of access. If necessary, cite unpublished or personal work in the text but do not include it in the reference list. References should be listed in the following style:
Singh P, Bengtsson L. 2004. Hydrological sensitivity of a large Himalayan basin to climate change.Hydrological Processes 18 : 2363-2385. DOI: 10.1002/hyp.1468.
Hillel D. 1980. Applications of Soil Physics. Academic Press: New York; 385.
Holster H. 1978. Mathematical modelling of tidal flats: a few remarks. In Mathematical Modelling of Estuarine Physics , Sundermann J, Holz KP (eds). Springer- Verlag: Berlin; 173-177.